Thursday, January 3, 2008

A brand new year and a brand new hope!

Happy New Year!

I can't believe two years just passed by like that in Malaysia! Anyways hope you all have a great time celebrating Christmas and New Year! As for me, I went and watch a movie with my sister during Christmas. I can't really spend Christmas with my friends because they're outstation. During new year's eve, I went Melaka with my sister and her friends and we have so much fun there! Great food and enjoy the fireworks with the locals, it was really fun and exciting.

So what is everyone's new year resolution? Mine of course will be becoming a 1-Dan Shogi player this year! Hahahahaha. Hope I can really achieve this rank before this year ends!

Anyways I went to kinokuniya again to search for Shogi related books. No luck for me until I found a few in the Japanese Section. Eventhough I can't understand Japanese but I feel that I should buy it and practise the questions.



I don't know what's the full title is but what I do know is it's a Tsume Shogi questions (Shogi Mating Questions) and it's for players between 9 kyu and 1 kyu. The questions inside are tough for me to solve and I personally think it will help me improve my skills alot. If you look carefully at the photo, you can actually see my "Art of Shogi" behind and my lousy Shogi sets (with paper as the board) at the right side. Speaking of my lousy Shogi sets I have purchase a good Shogi sets a week ago for about US$90 and I will be hoping to receive it around next month. I can't wait for it to arrive! Hate to admit it but it's really expensive to purchase it. Anyways today I just finish learning about "Static Rook" opening and I can't wait to start learning "Central Rook" opening! I'll probably purchase "Habu's Words" after I've done reading everything in "Art of Shogi".

I'm looking forward to be under your care again this year!

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

No comments: