Sunday, December 23, 2007

Just a little small update

Hey all.

It's 1.38 AM now. I know it's only been two days but I'm a little bored and just felt like writing a journal. Yesterday (22nd December) I spend almost the whole day with my parents. It was really tiring. I guess it's alright since they're going to leave Malaysia on 24th Dec.

Just now I was playing against an online Web Shogi game called "Ham Shogi". I knew I couldn't beat hirate (even number of pieces) so I've decided to try my luck playing against handicapped opponent. I'm really glad that I've learned a little eventhough I'm playing against handicapped opponent. To be honest, I hate playing Shogi on the internet. Why? First it's rather hard to concentrate with the board facing flat against your eyes. It's view is completely different from the view when you're playing a real Shogi. Sometimes I accidentally made a mistake about my bishop move so I have to looked at the board more than three times before making a move on my bishop so I wouldn't 'pin' or 'fork' on the wrong piece. It's really annoying when you actually pin or fork on the wrong piece and the game immediately turn the table. Other thing is the computer screen is hurting my eyes and everyone should know that staring at the computer too long will hurt your eyes. My hands are itching to touch my Shogi sets right now. I really want to turn on the lights and start touching my Shogi pieces. But I can't. If I did not pretend to be fast asleep my parents would immediately bust into my room and kick my butt. I really want to spend the whole night learning and playing Shogi, I truly am. So that was why I was stuck using my laptop playing Shogi instead. "It's alright" I said to myself, It's going be another two more days till they leave Malaysia. I have to wait patiently. I hope three days will go by quickly so I return to the days where I can play Shogi the whole night without worrying people scolding me for being too noisy or staying up too late. 2.00 AM now. I guess I'll go play some Shogi checking problems before I sleep.

Goodnight all.

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

No comments: