Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Sacrifice

Hey all,

Yesterday was Saturday so the obvious thing I would do is go to Japan Club and play Shogi. I was a little tired and have a slight headache so I didn't play too well in Shogi. In fact it was too lousy that I feel very ashamed of myself. "This is not my usual performance," I said to myself. Then I realised the huge factor that have affected my skills. It was my concentration.

But that's not all. By playing against a Japanese guy in JC made me realise that my Shogi studies are not enough. So what should I do if I have to improve my Shogi skills?

I have decided not to play anymore TV games after completing the PS2 game ".Hack". I personally think that TV games help me reduce my concentration skills so I would not have the patience to focus a games if it last for a long time. Not only that it was a total waste of time. I should have sacrifice it to play Shogi in the first place (but I have reduce my gaming time ever since I started Shogi).

Therefore from this day onwards I will not play anymore TV games or PC games if I have to become a professional Shogi player. I do not want to think that I have played Shogi for a year and have no improvement. This is my new resolve.

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

No comments: