Monday, April 27, 2009

Short Update (UPDATED)

Hey,

this is just a short summary about what I have done in Japan Club Kuala Lumpur on last Saturday.

I taught another two girls how to play Shogi! Once again I had two different games at the same time and achieve victory! When the two girls were playing Shogi against each other, one girl had to leave so I have to play her share too. Her position is almost losing, but I still took out two lances and rook from the play (my opponent has already captured the bishop beforehand). Still I managed to counterattack and win back the game, despite having a huge disadvantage.

After that a 4-dan Go player challenge me to a game of Shogi, with a handicapped of two lances, rook and a bishop. Amazingly he immediately broke into my territory and checkmate me due to my wrong calculations. But I have to say that he is really an amazing player so it's no doubt that I have lost to him. I hope I can play more games with him.

Once again the Japanese man had challenge me to a game of Shogi. He played Central Rook Opening (Nakabisha) again, so I too followed. Knowing that he can't beat me in a double Nakabisha, he changed his tactic to Third File Rook Opening (Sangenbisha). Never studied how to counter a Sangenbisha strategy, I immediately lose to him, which his castle is still intact (though I have managed to mess his castle up a little). Although I lost to him, I do not feel angry towards him or feel ashamed of myself. Instead, I feel that I should study up more Shogi strategies if I'm going to achieve 2-dan this year. Thanks to this Japanese man, he taught me that my Shogi studies are still not enough and I should work harder to improve in Shogi.

I am also not ashamed to tell you all that I have lost. Afterall, playing Shogi is about enjoying, not about winning or losing. If I do not enjoy the game after I have lost, I have no right to say that I want to be a professional Shogi player. It is the enjoyment of the game that have made me decided to aim to be a professional Shogi player in the first place so I should work hard for the sake of my beloved game - Shogi.

Thanks for listening and hope you all have a great week!

Regards,
Ryou Takehito



PS: YOSH! It's time to study up Sangenbisha strategies so I can beat the Japanese man this Saturday! xD

EDIT:
This is the reason why I hate playing Shogi online. Not only they are rude, they have no self-discipline.


When he lost, he immediately ban me out of his game and send me a lot of private message saying "die". I am never gonna play Shogi online again. How can they hope to be strong if they have no self-discipline?

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

3 comments:

Seng Chea said...

Hey what`s the website link to play shogi online? gimme gimme =D (seng chea, michaelwscgoworld.blogspot.com) or add me msn michaelwsc@msn.com tqtq

Anonymous said...

It's playok.com.

Hirohiigo said...

I know I'm a little late in commenting on this, but I don't think you should judge online shogi players by that player. There are a few rude people on PlayOK like him, but a lot of players on that site (including myself ^^;) are nice and respectful to their opponents.