Wednesday, July 22, 2009

An Easy Guess

Hey,

my attachments are finally over so try and guess what I have been doing over my holidays. It'll be an easy guess, I promise! =P

I will be returning to Malaysia on this coming Saturday (25th July) and will head straight for Japan on the next day. My preparations for AISEP have been going smoothly but I still need to polish my Shogi skills this week!

A little note to everyone that I am not participating in Yingde Cup this year, which is held in Shanghai, because the air ticket's expensive and I am going to be busy with my new semester.

So what are my plans when my new semester begins? First I would like to 're-study' my old Shogi books to master the basics. A year is going to pass soon and I haven't achieve 2-dan amateur yet! =/

Secondly I might be going to give some Shogi 'coaching' at an university, depending on how passionate the club members are. I think I will have to give more thoughts about it before I agree to teach Shogi.

I think that's all for now. I'll talk more about AISEP and my plans in Japan in my next post so I hope you all have a great day!

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

3 comments:

Shiragami said...

Ryou, I live in Malaysia and i hope to become professional Shogi player in Japan.What should i do? Can you give me some guide and information about Shoureikai and how to apply it? I am 16 years old. What should i need to have?

Ryou Takehito said...

Dear Mr. Shiragami,

Sorry for taking such a long time to reply because I am still in Japan right now.

Two days ago I have asked Mr. Yonenaga Kunio, the president of Japan Shogi Association regarding this matter and he have explained that there are two types of professionals. They are:

1. Professional Shogi Player,
which you compete with other professional Shogi players in competition. But please bear in mind that you will be register under 'Japan Shogi Association' and you have to be a full-time player staying in Japan. Full-dedication of Shogi is required from you.

2. Teaching Professional Player,
which you teach Shogi to people, just like a teaching class. You will not be able to compete with strong professional Shogi players, and you won't have to stay in Japan because Mr. Yonenaga is trying to promote Shogi worldwide. If you would want to be a pro and stay in Malaysia, this is probably the best option. But bear in mind that this is a full-time job and you will be paid to do.

The conditions to be professional Shogi Player are:
1. Win 3 amateur (the champion) tournaments in Japan.
2. Apply for Shoreikai.
3. Take the entrance exam to enter Shoreikai.
4. After you have passed and become a 3-dan Shoreikai member, you will have to compete with other Shoreikai members to become pro, which will take months or years!

To be a Teaching Professional Player, you just have to achieve 1-dan amateur and apply for the position in Japan Shogi Association.

I hope this information has help you in many ways.

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

supertsumi said...

It is a dream come true indeed to be a professional shogi player, but above all you have to believe in yourself, and steadfastly pursue that goal with single minded dedication, and absolute and total focus, don't get put off by setbacks, they are merely there to help mould your character.
At professional level the shogi pieces are musical notes that you compose into a brilliant symphony.
I have a dream too, to become a great shogi player, and go to Japan and defeat everyone before me, and it is achievable if you have the willpower to see it through with steely determination.