Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thoughts for the Moment

Hey,

Sorry that I haven't been updating this blog for a long time. Internship has really kept me busy and I haven't been able to spend some time with Shogi. ='(

Without concentrating on Shogi for the past few weeks (although I did read the lastest professional players' kifus everyday), I have been using these times to reflect on myself regarding my skills in Shogi.

It has been more than half a year since I've said that I'm going to achieve 2-dan strength within this year. I strongly believe that I have improved alot since the beginning of the year, making me a more stable 1-dan player. Now I am able to solve Tsume-Shogi without the use of equipments and programs.

Because of Shogi, my level of concentration has improve drastically that I was able to focus on a specific task without being distracted. With my current level of concentration, I was able to spend more time to search for the best move in Shogi. I have always hope that I could spend more time for a move because I would want to play a Shogi game with 8 hours thinking time per player. I feel excited if I could play a 2-day Shogi game, just like a professional match!

Whenever I don't have any Shogi books with me, I would thought up a Shogi scenario and try to experiment a few moves in my 'mind'.

It has been seven months, and I still feel that I am a weak Shogi player. Am I able to achieve 2-dan this year, and show people my strength who have high expectations for me?

There is only a week left for my attachment. I really hope I can start spending more time on Shogi as soon as my attachment is over.

Nevertheless, my love for Shogi will be always.

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi dear Mr Ryou
1. hv been followed your blog quite some time
2. glad and surprise to see Malaysian shogi player
3. Understand that you are going to Japan for tournament
4. May you help mee to buy 2 sets of shogi ,if less than RM50 or 1 set ,if less than RM100/=?
5. I stay in selangor and can collect from you in Japan Club
Tks
Yeoh

Ryou Takehito said...

Hey,

Are you familiar with the Weiqi players in Japan Club? Since I do not know you well, I cannot help you buy Shogi sets because I don't know whether you will pay me back or not.

If you really want me to help you buy Shogi sets, please talk to either Zaid, Alex or Xinwen to 'vouch' (or identify) for you so I can feel secured about buying Shogi sets for you from Japan. Ask them to send me an e-mail or message telling me that you will pay me back the money, or else they will have to pay for your share if you fail to do so. I hope you will understand my 'reluctant' to help strangers, especially involving money.

I sincerely apologise if my comment has offended you in any ways.

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

Unknown said...

Hi dear Mr Ryou

1. tks for your kind reply and sorry for causing uneasyness to you.

2. My son and I seldom go to JC. Only 2-3 times a year. I dont know them well and try not to trouble 3rd party. Further I dont know your actual name. :-)

3. Perhaps I can try to talk to the MWQA president. Mr TKS

4. I actually try to write personal email to you but couldnt find yours.

5. I can bank in the money first to you before you go. And top up later if not enough. Anyway I can contact you? whats your suggestion?

6. have been looking for a set of shogi since many years back. including try to buy online. but all unsucessful.

7. Hope you may help up.

8. Regardless, all the best to your trip.

TQVM.
Yeoh

Ryou Takehito said...

Dear Mr. Yeoh,

hearing that you're a working adult, I feel more relieved about helping you buying a Shogi set in Japan.

I will try my best to help you buy 2 Shogi sets so please leave down your e-mail address and contact number.

I will try to contact you using my e-mail as soon as possible.

And please do not contact Mr. TKS as he is not very acquainted with me.

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

Unknown said...

HI dear Mr Ryou

1. tks for willing to try
2. this is my son email:
yeohlitian@gmail.com
3. If you managed to buy, i will try to go to JC in Aug. The latest by mid Sept. As I usually not available on Saturday
4. Hope one day you are willing to play some handicap games with my sons. :-)
Best,
Yeoh

nemonemo said...

yo there, I am a shogi player too. I include myself in shogi world about half year ago. Currently I am the treasurer of my university chess club. I had decided that in this one year academic year from June, I want to promote the shogi in my University. I had just bought for the chess club few sets of shogi. The shogi set i bought maybe only 7 sets total in Malaysia. Anyway, check out my blogspot for the shogi condition in my university. See you soon.

http://quintomyap.blogspot.com

nemonemo said...

To Ryou Takehito

That will be great if able to invite a coach like you lol. My university is MMU Melaka, well currently I am trying to promote the shogi to a bigger population first, my chess club weekly activity is Monday 8pm-10pm. Perhaps I will try organize a special tutorial lesson for you to coaching abit in Saturday or Sunday like that. But if happen that it is far for you to come, I will try to see whatever I can do here first ba...

Quintom Yap (nemonemo)