Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Back in my hometown

Hey all!

I'm finally back in my hometown and all I can say is there's not enough time for me to look for my friends and play shogi! I can't believe my parents have plan my schedule for something else while I'm staying in my hometown.

The happy thing is it's great that I get to see my old hometown the way it is. The scenery is so fantastic that I really miss it alot. Aside from that, I've manage to convince my little sister to play Shogi. Almost day and night we're playing Shogi together using a small little table. She always lose to me, given the fact that she's very good in Chinese Chess (Xian Qi). This further proves that Shogi is not an easy chess to play. I even notice that I can beat my little sister with a Rook handicap. I'm really glad the night that I have spend reading "Art of Shogi" has made me improve my concentration and skills a little. Sad thing is most of the time I can't beat Shogi AI. I think I'll probably improve a whole lot more if I can master all the Joseki (opening). Another sad thing is my dad doesn't like me to play Shogi. I mean what kind of father he is? Shogi is a healthy hobby game so why should he be against it? But I have made up my mind. If he's going to stop me from playing Shogi, I will definitely run away from home.I won't let him take away my interest any longer. He doesn't know how hard it is for me to find something that I actually love doing it. I guess being a parent would always want their kids to "study study study" only. I mean you can't expect me to spend my free time studying too, right? Sometimes I really envy the lucky kids out there. They get to enjoy doing the stuffs they like during their free time and as for mine my dad nags me to study. No, I'm not weak in my studies. I'm actually doing very well in it and I just don't understand why I have to work SUPER hard to study. Nevertheless I will not give up on Shogi. I hope to achieve at least 1-Dan in a year and 6-Dan in 10 years time.

Ten more days till I'm flying to Singapore. I'm really looking forward to look for Shogi sets and books there. If they don't have it I guess I'll have to purchase it online again. Aside from these I did not work on my stories since I was busy. I'll probably start writing again when I'm back in Malaysia around 21st December. Hope you all have fun during this christmas season!

Regards,
Ryou Takehito

No comments: