Friday, May 16, 2008

Holidays!

Hey all,

IT'S FINALLY HOLIDAYS! And for this journal I will be showing a lot of pictures that I've promised in the past!

The first picture I'm going to proudly show is the present that my friends bought for me last month for my birthday.



Yes, it is all in Japanese! I don't know what my friends are thinking, buying a Japanese-language Shogi book for me. I can't understand a thing at all! But thank god I managed to understand the kifu (kifu - the moves in the game) and it only took me 4 hrs to finish this book! Definitely the best present I've receive for this year. Thank you my dear best friends!



This is the second Tsume Shogi book (Mating Solving problems) book I've bought in Kinokuniya, eventhough I didn't finish the first one. It is very tough but useful. The other day I was in Kinokuniya reading another tsume shogi book and inside it there's a little small test to determine your strength. I tried it out and found out I was at least 7 kyu. I'm not really sure whether I'm this strong or not but I prefer ranking myself as 9 kyu. I want to be a powerful 1-Dan Shogi Player afterall. What's the point of giving myself the 1-Dan title if I don't even have that strength? Speaking of strength it's almost been a year playing Shogi and I still achieve 1-Dan! Uh oh. Looks like my dream of becoming a Professional Shogi player is still faraway...

Speaking of Kinokuniya I've made a special order....


I know the picture's a little blur but I've made a special subscription for a magazine called "Shogi Sekai" (Shogi World), which was only sold in the bookstores in Japan! It only cost RM40! It was cheap! This way I'll be more notify about Shogi events! WOOOHOOO! I just can't wait for the order to arrive on this incoming July! I hope you can see carefully I've made order for the June issue. Can't wait to read it soon! ^^

Lastly for the last pictures...



This is the Shogi board that I've mentioned months ago that I purchase from UK. And this will be the board that I'm going to let Habu-san signed when I go to Beijing at the end of this month! WOOHOO!

I think that's all. I've got my China visa done and air-tickets purchased, which means it's already confirm that I'll be going to Beijing to participate AISEP (Asian Intellectual Shogi Exchange Program). All things are going well and smooth for me. For this holiday, I'll be spending the whole day playing Shogi and I might probably write a story if I feel like it. =)

BTW, I will be going back to Brunei again next month. Hope you all enjoy your days!

Regards,
Ryou Takehito


PS: Looks like I talked too much about Shogi for this journal again.

No comments: